Polyurethane Foams Gaskets
Rogers PORON® Polyurethane Industrial foams for gaskets and dust seals
Rogers line of PORON Industrial Polyurethanes provide durable, long-term performance in industrial applications. Poron® foam is a microcellular Urethane product that can be used in a range of applications. Poron is incredibly diverse depending on the grade, ranging from soft to firm. The foam has an open-cell design which allows for greater resiliency and longevity, even after multiple impacts. Even though Poron is open-cell, it can provide a water-tight seal, making it a good choice for electronics, military, oil patch, and other gasketing areas.
Features & Benefits:
- Excellent compression set resistance
- Low-outgassing and non-fogging, containing no plasticizers or residual chemicals to contaminate the device.
- The material will not become brittle and crumble and is non-corrosive to metal.
- Inherently flame retardant without the use of additives. Many of the materials meet flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302.
- Engineered urethane formulations offering a wide modulus range – 2-90 psi @ 25% deflection – for more design versatility requirements.
- Good chemical resistance
- Easy to fabricate, die-cuts cleanly, and works with a broad range of adhesives
- Broad range of formulas and thicknesses from 0.012″ to 0.500″ (0.43mm to 12.7mm)
Markets & Applications
- Battery Pads & Cushions
- Cushion Mounting Materials
- Display Protection
- Gap Filling
- Sound Blocking and Absorption
- Vibration Management