Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM; Kalrez®) O-rings
Perfluoroelastomer (also known as FFKM or trade name Kalrez®) offers the most comprehensive chemical resistance available in a rubber. This material also seals at higher temperatures than any other rubber, but generally lacks low-temperature flexibility. Kalrez® O-rings are the best fit where seal flexibility is necessary, but the system requirements are too extreme for other rubbers.
These seals are commonly used in jet engines, semiconductor manufacturing, and chemical processing systems. Special FFKM compounds can also offer low offgassing, FDA compliance, and rapid gas decompression resistance.
Features & Benefits:
- Resistance to a very broad range of chemicals
- Can normally withstand temperatures from -4°F up to 608°F (-20°C to 320°C)
- Resist compression set and weathering, extending maintenance intervals and protecting against seal failure
- Offer low gas permeability and outgassing rates for reliable service in space and other vacuum applications
- Perform well in harsh aerospace fuel systems and industrial processes
Markets & Applications
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical Processing
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Food & Beverage